For over thirty years, SideFX has been providing artists with procedural 3D animation and visual effects tools designed to produce the highest-quality cinematic results. We are passionate about what our customers do because our roots are in production, both as artists and as pioneering technical innovators.
SideFX has been recognized by the Academy of Motion Pictures, Arts and Science multiple times - including with an Oscar® - for the development of our Houdini software, and its breakthrough procedural-based technology.
Houdini is used by the world’s top film, TV, and game studios to create blockbuster movies such as Black Panther and Moana, captivating TV shows like Spider-Man, The Lion King and Godzilla vs. Kong, TV shows like The Crown, Game of Thrones and S.W.A.T., and video games like Ghost Recon, Far Cry and Age of Empires. Our customers include Disney Feature Animation, Pixar, Sony Pictures, Imageworks, Weta Digital, Electronic Arts, Microsoft Game Studios, and many more.
What We Value Most:
- Decency: We treat everyone with honesty, kindness and empathy. We give generously of our time and knowledge
- Relationships: We build collaborative bonds—with our co-workers and clients—based on trust and respect. Our diverse team gives us broader perspectives
- Dedication: We take pride and ownership in our work, always trying to do our best. We are devoted to the well-being and success of each other and our clients
- Excellence: We continually improve ourselves, our work and our company, striving towards excellence in all that we do
Our employees receive:
- Hybrid Work option - A great office in Downtown Toronto (right across from Union Station) with the flexibility for most roles to work from home. You can help us test out our Hybrid Pilot Project
- Generous paid time off, including vacation and floater days to relax and re-energize (starting at 4 weeks)
- Year-End Company Shutdown and Long Weekend Early departures to add to the excitement
- Health insurance coverage (including a Health Service Spending Account for Canadian employees), for you and your dependents
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP); because sometimes we need a bit of extra support
- Retirement Plan with company matched contributions
- Comprehensive Long Service Award program, providing both a monetary reward and additional days off
- A highly competitive bonus structure
- A generous sick time entitlement to care for yourself and your loved ones
Why join SideFX?
- Because you want to be part of a unique experience and winning team that has won an Oscar and an Emmy (Cool, right?)
- Because you want to be part of an industry-leading company that is constantly mindfully growing
- Because you want to work with some of the most talented people in the industry on a ground-breaking product
- Because you want to work with people from all around the world
- Because you want to be part of an exciting and fun industry
- Because you want to join and add to a positive, supportive and respected company culture
- Because you want your job to be GREAT!
We are seeking an exceptional individual to join our talented Sales Team in this new role, reporting to the Senior Director of Sales.
As Houdini Account Executive - Games, you will be responsible for developing and implementing sales growth opportunities in our rapidly expanding Games community, both with existing and new customers. You are a consummate sales and business development person with a solid track record of creating long-term value and partnerships. You have strong presentation skills and the ability to adapt to your audience. You are comfortable and enjoy interacting both at the CTO, COO/VP level, and with procurement departments. You will also build solid relationships with artists, department managers and supervisors. With your understanding of Games Studios, you are able to convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus.
Please note that a valid proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination series is an employment requirement.
What you will be working on
- Responsible for expanding our in-year revenue in your assigned territory. Revenue focus will include recurring revenues from existing customers, as well as new business from software sales to existing and new clients.
- Work closely with our Marketing, R&D, Finance and Education departments.
- Interact with large and small audiences on a variety of topics. Conducting online sessions as well as in person meetings.
- Travel about once per month, sometimes internationally, to build strong customer relationships. Whether visiting customers or attending to events such as conferences, trade shows, user groups and the like.
- Building for the future - while in-year revenue is important, we realize our technology takes time to be fully embraced so you will be “planting seeds” for business development and future growth.
- Familiarize yourself and learn our products, both technically and from a packaging perspective to effectively communicate and influence our customers key decision makers.
- You will develop a number of relationships and insights into our customers and will be expected to maintain our CRM (Customer Relationship Management system) with key contacts and other relevant shared information.
What you need to be successful
- Proven success in either sales, account management and/or business development.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the game industry or media and entertainment industry in a sales, business or related role.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges.
- Must have great interaction skills and the ability to connect with others in person and online.
- Strong presentation skills, must be able to create and present Houdini value concepts to the appropriate audience.
- Ability to work and operate remotely, sometimes with a high degree of autonomy.
- Able to articulate an understanding of the business side of development, and the challenges faced by developers in an evolving landscape.
Not required but great to have
- Bachelor’s degree in a field relating to business, Computer Science or equivalent experience/education.
- Knowledge of the game development pipeline and related tools, including an understand of Unity or UE4 and other industry products.
- Have experience interacting with Technical Artists or artists in FX, Environments or Procedural Modeling departments.
- A technical background in the video game industry, engineering and/ or computer science a plus.
- Extensive customer network in the games industry.
- Bilingual language skills - English and French is an asset.
Visit https://www.sidefx.com/careers/ for a full list of our current job openings.
SideFX is committed to inclusion and diversity. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply. Accommodation will be provided to candidates with disabilities, upon request.